A community based organisation that has provided activities and services for young people, children and families in Deception Bay since 1994.
We believe that the Deception Bay community can only benefit from active participation from all who live and work here. An ongoing investment in people’s social and emotional well being will inevitably lead to a healthier, happier community. This is why DBCYP is committed to building the capacity of the Deception Bay community to be actively involved in their own and their communities life.
- We believe that the Deception Bay community can only benefit from an active and productive young generation. Investing in young people’s social and emotional well being will inevitably lead to a healthier, happier community
- Young people can offer energy, fresh insight and creativity. They can make a major contribution to positive community change.
- We believe that if the whole community can acknowledge and address the injustices that exist within the local community, the potential exists for a mutual process of negotiation between all community members as equals.
- Everyone has the right to participate in processes affecting their life and the right to equal power in influencing these decisions.
- We envisage a local community which values the lifestyle choices of individuals, celebrates the rich diversity within it, and in which every member is motivated to take responsibility.
- Everyone should have their fundamental human rights met, including their right to basic survival, safety, appropriate education and health care, freedom of association. Everyone in our community has a right to express their wants, needs and aims and have them heard.