By admin on Date August 28, 2021
Our COVID Response
DBCYP Service Delivery changes – effective from 4pm Friday 27th August. The DBCYP office and Bean Seen are OPEN and are following the Queensland Government regulations.
We remain committed to implementing the necessary COVID Safe measures in order to keep our team of employees, volunteers, and importantly, our clients and community safe. For specific DBCYP program contacts, please see the Youth Services, Employability, Children and Families, and/or Bean Seen Coffee page. Our emergency DBCYP contact number is 0408 005 638.
What is the Government saying?
With the easing of the South-East Queensland lockdown on Friday 27th August, some restrictions will continue to remain in place for the Moreton Bay region and are applicable to DBCYP services:
- Social distancing: In indoor spaces, you must follow the 1 person per 2m2.
- Face masks: You must carry a face mask with you at all times when you leave home, unless you have a lawful reason not to. You must wear a mask in indoor spaces (including workplaces, but not your own home) unless it is unsafe or you can stay 1.5m apart from other people.
Read more about the restrictions here.
Please keep up to date with the current contact tracing alerts for the Moreton Bay region here.
Other health information, including where to get tested if you are experiencing symptoms, can be found on the Queensland Health Website or you can contact the Coronavirus health Information Line 24 Hours a day, 7 days a week on 1800 020 080.
Information for multicultural communities can be found here.
The importance of self-care during the pandemic
Self-care is often the first thing that gets sacrificed when life is busy and stressful, and people often think that taking time for themselves seems indulgent. But looking after your own wellbeing will help you get through this challenging time, and will help you to better care for others.
Amidst the confusion and constant stream of information due to COVID-19, practicing self-care can help you focus, make decisions and stay healthy.
Places to call if you need help
- Lifelife: 13 11 14
- Kids Helpline: 1800 55 1800
- 1800Respect: 1800 737 732
- Headspace: 1800 650 890
- Beyond Blue: 1300 224 636
- Debt Helpline: 1800 007 007