Deception Bay Community Youth Programs response to COVID-19
By admin on Date September 2, 2020
Our response to COVID-19
Deception Bay Community Youth Programs have been following the Queensland Government’s COVID Recovery Roadmap. We are constantly reviewing our services and happy to report we are opening up some of our services again.
As of the 1st September, IMPORTANT CHANGES ARE HAPPENING WITH DBCYP COVID SAFE PRACTICES around the use of face-masks during the MODERATE RISK period that has been declared.
- DBCYP appreciates essential visitors only – no staff, community members or others should be in the DBCYP building unless completely necessary.
- All visitors/clients/participants to any DBCYP sites, including outdoor playgroups, will have to answer COVID Screening questions, and if answer yes will need to test and self-isolate until they receive results.
- ALL staff and regular DBCYP participants will now be required to wear a face-mask when in any face-to-face environment. This includes any program/training setting and transportation.
- All DBCYP staff will be wearing a face-mask when meeting with young people or visitors.
- Any young people or community members not comfortable or able to wear a face-mask will be offered either zoom or outdoor consultations.
We are implementing these safety measures to keep the young people and community members we support and DBCYP staff safe, and to help Queensland prevent community transmission.
If you’re feeling sick, stay home. Get tested!!
Our youth workers have started to provide face-to-face interactions through our DBay Well program and YAMBI case management service, and are regularly on the phone or internet supporting young people. Our Children & Families playgroups and healthy activities have returned face-to-face while offering engaging activities online. Our Employability program – Local Pathways to Work training programs are being delivered through face-to-face learning, online modes and over the phone.
Most importantly, check in with us on Facebook for fun, informative and helpful resources :
Remember to stay connected with one another, from the DBCYP team!