Local Pathways to Work is Deception Bay Community Youth Programs – Employability Program.
At DBCYP we acknowledge:
- That some people face unique barriers to work;
- That fairly paid work is the best way to help you achieve your life goals;
- That making a meaningful contribution through work helps our well-being;
- That developing confidence in yourself is the most important thing to get and keep work.
Our Local Pathways to Work is based on two basic principles
1) That most job seekers need not only to get a qualification, but they need the right support for them individually to overcome and barriers they have to getting work. This can be anything from lack of confidence, to not knowing how to use public transport, to presenting themselves well or an interview. We provide this very important personal development support right from the start.
2) We work with local employers to find out what jobs they have and what sort of people they are after, then we link them up with our local job seekers. We support job seekers to both get the job, then keep it! Even when you get into work, we are there to support you and the employer in case any problems come up.
On an LPW course, you will have your own personal employment coach that will help you set and achieve your employment goals. This will happen alongside getting your qualification, so when you graduate you are totally ready to hit the job market!
Our LPW programs are funded through the Queensland State Governments Skilling Queenslanders for Work (SQW) initiative. The SQW initiative targets those who are:
Register your interest here!
- Ineligible for Australian Government employment services
- Have accessed Australian Government services for more than six months and remain unemployed
- Require complementary services because you have significant barriers to learning and employment